- Program preparation is stretched to a number of levels
- In place of writing long list of statements, the statements are separated into different modules at various levels.
- The stretching is most general to most specific.
- Program is structured as hierarchy of various tasks.
- As the techniques moves from top to bottom, it is a type of specialization.
- Main module can be designed well before without requiring details of complete design.
- Testing can be done after inserting down level modules one-by-one.
- Parallel development is possible because of top and down level modules design.
Saturday, November 8, 2014