NetBeans provides a simple and easy way to create a new project and input some information in sql programming. The article will let the programmer do the same thing.
- Start NetBeans and create a new project and add four labels and four textfields from the palette tab as explained in earlier article.
- Set following font properties for all the labels and textfields.
Type: Comic Sans MS (you may choose any other font if you wish)
- Adjust the placement of Heading, whose properties you set just now, by dragging it, so that it appears in the middle horizontally. Set name property of the labels respectively:
jLabel1 to titlelabel1
jLabel2 to firstNameLabel
jLabel3 to lastNameLabel
jLabel4 to classLabel
jTextField1 to firstNameTextField
jTextField2 to lastNameTextField
jTextField3 to classTextField
jTextField4 to sectionTextField
- Set text property for these labels as given below:
titleLabel1 to Title(Mr/Ms)
firstnameLabel to First Name
lastnameLabel to Last Name
classLabel to Class
- Also set the text property of each of null string i.e. “ “ and resize them as per the screenshot. Now your frame should look like the one shown in below
- Add a Button control by dragging it from Palette to frame. Name it as okButton. Set its text property to Generate and its font remain as is.
- Just as you added other controls, add a text field control to your frame and give it a size according to I-Card. Name it as repTextArea. To name the text area field, you need to click the jScroolPane control in inspector window. A Scroll pane automatically gets added to your frame when you add a text area.
- Adding Functionality to Frame
Now double click on the boundary of the push button i.e., the okButton in design space. The code editor window will get opened. In it, without touching the cursor, simply type the following code. For now you won’t understand it. But it will be clear to you later when we’ll be talking about java concepts.