How to Create a GUI application displaying a String in NetBeans: Java Programming
NetBeans provides a simple and easy way to create a new project and display a string in sql programming. The article will let the programmer do the same thing.
- Start NetBeans and create a new project as explained in earlier article. You can change the name of the project otherwise it will automatically set. Add new frame in the same way discussed earlier. By default the name of frame will be NewJFrame.
- Draw a Label control on your frame by dragging it from the Swing Controls section of the Palette.
- To change the name of this Label, right click on its default name, which is JLabel1, under the Inspector window and select Change Variable Name……. command as shown in the image.
- Keeping the label control selected in its design space, do in the Properties window :
Click the ellipsis button of the font property and selected font as:
Type: Comic Sans MS (you may choose any other font if you wish)
- Type "Computer Programming" (without quotes) in the text property's box or by clicking at its ellipsis button. Now your project window will appear something like:
- Adjust the placement of the title label, whose properties you set just now, by dragging it, so that it appears in the middle horizontally.
- On the same lines, add one more Label to your frame by dragging it from the Palette. Set its font as per you wish. Select the colour of the font by clicking the ellipsis of the foreground property in Properties window. Now specify its text as: "A Complete Programming Blog with SQL, JAVA, C, C#".
- Adjust its placement as per you wishes. Now your project window will appear somewhat like:
- Right click on the jFrame you have created and click on Run File, it will show the frame which will look like:
In this workshop you have learnt about following properties of jLabel control.
- font: The property used to specify the display font, style and size for the display text of the jlabel. Font is selected by clicking ellipsis button in font property's box.
- foreground: The property used to specify foreground color of jLabel, you can select desired colors by clicking of the foreground property.
- text: The property used to specify the display text. You can either type the display text directly in front of text property’s name click to type it in a separate box. Small texts you can type directly, for big texts, its better them separately.